Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
It's not easy y'know..
Looking inside to think that there's something in there.. hiding away..Just waiting for you to fall.
All it'll take is a few more blows..
It'll get what it wants. I can feel it inside. Digging away at it all.I'm trying. I'm not just sitting here sulking.
But you took things the wrong way, I didn't want to agrue.
I still don't. It makes me shake, like it feeds the thing lurking.
I found out why I'm like this. It took time..hours of sitting on a pew.
I'll build it up, but it can't happen just like that.
Though I can't let you down. This is something I promise.
I'll burn this thing out like it's a rat.
Only if i have to. I'm so used to it now.. It's apart of me.
I do love you, more than earth.
Heaven can wait..
And the Devil is scared of me.. Or will be.
I'm sorry for being so stupid for so long.
Can you at least.. still love me too?
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drowning by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear
- À TOI, Rosie Bourget
- Psalm 077, Forrest Hainline
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote
- It's Not Your Fault, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Beauty Of Moonlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- misguide., tiffany white
- Parallel Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- À L'ÉLU DE MON COEUR, Rosie Bourget