V.Vysotsky, The duet of the parted ones - song - translation (rus.)
The duet of the parted ones
by Vladimir Vysotsky
The road had splitted a steppe in two halves,
And it is now indistinct - where is the end of way.
Along the road we are going on two different sides
And can't cross it ever.
How many winters it will take this way?
Someone should risk, have an advantage!
We need to have a conversation - the crossroad is near,
Cross it, if you think that I'm not able.
The road, road is across the earth -
Across the destiny is as one deep furrow.
Many a The grinn will flicker like a misfortune,
Forever the road fork will separate them...
Where are the necessary words, who'll first find them?
I missed the turning point again...
A river - as the escape is sent to them,
They only could stretch their hands...
But again, again they stay on the different decks, .
Help us, give us your proper counsel!
The Volga's wind is tipsy and viscious,
Whispering into ears as a prompt:
'There's a few time, haste, don't wait the end of way'.
Who will run risks that time to cross first?
the beginning of 1973
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (V.Vysotsky, The duet of the parted ones - song - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Word Fright, michael walkerjohn
- Another Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Bullying, Holly Moon
- Luck's Drawl, michael walkerjohn
- No bounds, hasmukh amathalal
- Childhood Anger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Red and White, michael walkerjohn
- Just Rats, John Shea
- Entrails, michael walkerjohn
- Bad luck and story, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns