I am reading and reading...
I am reading and reading and reading,
I am searching for truth in the words...
They are different: some of them chilling,
Some are pretty, the other are cold.
Some are flying so high in the heavens,
Others are making rough common work
With a man, who just use in affairs
Simple words, and, the next, complex words.
All the words have their own great meaning,
And the second, the third meaning also...
And sometimes it is hard to reveal it
In the piles of texts on crossroads
Of the vast country such as i-net...
Net is catching, and spelling, and turning
All the words in one strange silhouette...
And this Lady or Madam or Lord then
Grasps your hand, takes your mind, gives your soul
A delight to swim freely again
In tremendous illusive words' ocean...
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am reading and reading... by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- As because, gajanan mishra
- Broken Guitar, katusiime jeresi
- born, Bull Hawking
- DECEIVING BLINDNESS, Michael P. Johnson
- White Papers , Martha Collins
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong