S.Yesenin, You don't love me... - translation (rus.)
You don't love me, and at least, don't care...
Am I beautiful a little, dear girl?
You're, without looking straight in my face,
Going faint, just putting hand on shoulder.
You are young, with the very sexy grinning,
I touch you not tender and nor rude.
You, how many boys were cherishing?
How many hands remember you?
I know - they passed aside like shadows,
Without touch to your hot inner fire.
And I know - you were sitting many
On the other knees, today - on mine.
Let your eyes be half-closed, it may be
You are thinking 'bout anybody else,
I'm also not loving you, I'm sinking
In the distant and so dear land.
Don't call this passion such - a destiny,
It's the light-tempered and miserable tie, -
I know: in such a sudden meeting
It'll be easy then on leaving simply to smile.
You are also on way to scatter your feels
In the gaiety of the unjoyous days.
But don't touch those, who're not kissed,
Don't lure man, who're not inlamed.
Then in case, when you are walking down
The usual street and babbling 'bout love,
I, perhaps, shall meet you, darling,
For the next time in my run about.
And you'll say, turning your shoulder closer
To the other guy: ' Good evening! ', passionless,
Leaning down the ground, softly,
I'll answer you: 'Good evening, miss! '
Nothing then will tease her soul, never,
Nothing then will make her trembling well -
Who had love, couldn't love again in any way,
Who had burned, can't be inflamed again.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, You don't love me... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley