Ugly Legs of Peacock
Once, I danced;
Under the cloudless canopy,
With a dream of yours,
What a joyous moment it was!
I danced and danced like a peacock,
Thought, you will come....
Ah! panorama of yours, blinded,
Spoting such a joy,
Cloud came and poured,
Clothed were wet yet I was dry
I Opened my eyes,
You were not present!
Abandoned the dance,
And in grief, cried I.
'You the ugly legs of peacock'
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ugly Legs of Peacock by Aftab Alam )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- My Night and Morning Crap, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly
- Say, Hailey Stump
- Raindrops of my tears, Nicola Kelly