Ugly Legs of Peacock
Once, I danced;
Under the cloudless canopy,
With a dream of yours,
What a joyous moment it was!
I danced and danced like a peacock,
Thought, you will come....
Ah! panorama of yours, blinded,
Spoting such a joy,
Cloud came and poured,
Clothed were wet yet I was dry
I Opened my eyes,
You were not present!
Abandoned the dance,
And in grief, cried I.
'You the ugly legs of peacock'
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ugly Legs of Peacock by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Night Inside, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)