Ugly Legs of Peacock
Once, I danced;
Under the cloudless canopy,
With a dream of yours,
What a joyous moment it was!
I danced and danced like a peacock,
Thought, you will come....
Ah! panorama of yours, blinded,
Spoting such a joy,
Cloud came and poured,
Clothed were wet yet I was dry
I Opened my eyes,
You were not present!
Abandoned the dance,
And in grief, cried I.
'You the ugly legs of peacock'
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ugly Legs of Peacock by Aftab Alam )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To See Him Again, Gabriela Mistral
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha