Ugly Legs of Peacock
Once, I danced;
Under the cloudless canopy,
With a dream of yours,
What a joyous moment it was!
I danced and danced like a peacock,
Thought, you will come....
Ah! panorama of yours, blinded,
Spoting such a joy,
Cloud came and poured,
Clothed were wet yet I was dry
I Opened my eyes,
You were not present!
Abandoned the dance,
And in grief, cried I.
'You the ugly legs of peacock'
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ugly Legs of Peacock by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Suicide, Hans Raj Sharma
- Walls that never spoke before, Cee Bea
- Deep Purple II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prayers!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I met a gentle lady, Cee Bea
- Made Openly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- Embossed!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(3rd April 19sixty)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)