‘O' My Almighty
Is it tears of the night?
Or pearls of the day!
Is it woes of stars?
Or dancing feathers gay!
Is it Lord's holy earth?
Or Devils dropping bay!
Is it freedom palsied gift?
Or trapping rosaries say!
I am puzzled with thy puzzles,
Gone mad with the 'dyeing day',
Either snatch out my freedom:
Or make me a slave to pay.
'I prithee; ‘O' My Almighty
Listen carefully -what I say..
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘O' My Almighty by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri