This world is a madhouse.
This world is a madhouse,
and I am in a straitjacket.
Of course it loosens up
when there is an uniform to wear,
when there is work.
when the short sight of men
ties me down and I
lean back for support.
When hope and despair, fighting
a lone fight, both end up
at the same side of the court...
Then suddenly, Ah!
a bone aches, a joint pains,
so that you don't have to painfully
look for pain.
And I jolt back steady in me.
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This world is a madhouse. by subhadip bhattacharya )
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal