This world is a madhouse.
This world is a madhouse,
and I am in a straitjacket.
Of course it loosens up
when there is an uniform to wear,
when there is work.
when the short sight of men
ties me down and I
lean back for support.
When hope and despair, fighting
a lone fight, both end up
at the same side of the court...
Then suddenly, Ah!
a bone aches, a joint pains,
so that you don't have to painfully
look for pain.
And I jolt back steady in me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This world is a madhouse. by subhadip bhattacharya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave
- We Are Scottish, Randy McClave
- AS SOON AS...., Robin Kirsch
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman