Jameel Ahmed Ansari
The Lovely Start
The moment you stepped in my gloomy life,
The moment u turned my smiles alive,
I felt myself on a lovely ride,
My heart got filled with the greatest delight.
I started flying like a shooting star,
My pains got vanished and my sufferings reduced,
I asked myself was it a new start?
You brought my lifeless soul alive,
You made my ending hopes survive,
I asked myself was it worth a start?
You brought those giggles and smiles within,
My sorrows started to sink in,
I asked myself was it an end for the dark?
You made me feel the brightest star,
And led me to the Milky Way,
I asked myself if I was really this far.
Jameel Ahmed Ansari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lovely Start by Jameel Ahmed Ansari )
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)