The Little Things...... [my excuse for not giving roses; etc.; humour/humor? ]
It’s the little things that count so much,
while many things are awfully overrated.
Would you rather have a Rolex watch or.....
an enema when you are constipated?
Or a toothbrush when you teeth feel grungy? ‘Cause.....
brushes work better that watches....at removing fungi!
And life with no bike may seem like “small potatoes”,
but at times it’s like a BLT sans sliced tomatoes.
Air-polluting vehicles certainly have their place,
but in rush hour traffic a bike may win the race.
And two dozen red roses may seem quite nice,
or a flute of champagne from a bottle kept on ice,
BUT once you’ve had that AND still been divorced twice,
a loving smile and a peck on the cheek should more than suffice.
SO.... I guess I should replace with “Big” my title’s “Little”,
since, if you’ve suffered with “Dry Mouth”, you’ve craved spittle.
AND if you’ve had that or something like that happen to you.....
you’ll agree “Big” is the adjective for which this poem’s title is due.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Little Things...... [my excuse for not giving roses; etc.; humour/humor? ] by Bri Edwards )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Leaving her, James Jarrett
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher