Rant.... [a short ranting poem about poems/poets; tongue-in-cheek]
Poems MUST be subtle!
Else them I’LL SCUTTLE! !
NEVER make the meaning clear!
From clear meaning YOU MUST ALWAYS STEER! !
ENOUGH! of poems about Loves.
REMOVE those boxing gloves! !
Give us GRIEF, and HATE, and GORE!
“Endearing” poems must exist NO MORE! ! !
And DAMN! your poets’ tricks!
I’ll HIT you HARD with STICKS …..
if spelling or punctuation FAILS,
and empty on you......PIG SLOP PAILS! ! ! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rant.... [a short ranting poem about poems/poets; tongue-in-cheek] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra