There's nothing to lose!
What's there to lose?
Painless bruise - forever tattoos.
Cold as stone though temperatures soar.
Gasping for air...swim to shore.
I try to laugh at whatever life brings.
In misery and tedium I sink.
What would life be like if I lost my fear?
Nothing but silence ringing in my ears!
Deep self-loathing and lonely midnights.
Torrent of rain; there's no place to hide
The smell of death is all around
they come out, not making a sound
A gust of wind... the putrid smell remains.
Now my blood runs cold in my veins.
Talk to me stranger, keep me sane; don't provoke outrage.
my life is down the drain, down the drain!
infections... sick in heart, soul and brain.
Don't provoke even greater outrage!
burning anger flames
Sweepings from graveyards guts, & dung.
And now your groans they strike me down.
Your Moans are a symphony, they deserve to die!
Dig your own grave and shut your eyes!
On avenues this soothing breeze
licks my wounds, puts me to sleep
the demon eats me up - the inner war.
help me, throw me to the precious cure
I inhale the cold air drenched in fear.
Unchain me - take me away from here.
Oh GOD! I'm afraid I'm losing my sight!
Oh GOD! bring back the golden light!
Silver sparks, brave heroic knights
like a million shooting stars falling down,
in lakes of defeated blood they all drown.
Pitiful disgrace, walk of Shame...
No one ever is to blame
Damage quite impossible to repair,
with moonless nights and darkened air.
A gentle voice calls my name,
anxious, and frightened, I still feel the same.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poison ink by Sameera Alshaikh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(c. 600 BCE)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey