There's nothing to lose!
What's there to lose?
Painless bruise - forever tattoos.
Cold as stone though temperatures soar.
Gasping for air...swim to shore.
I try to laugh at whatever life brings.
In misery and tedium I sink.
What would life be like if I lost my fear?
Nothing but silence ringing in my ears!
Deep self-loathing and lonely midnights.
Torrent of rain; there's no place to hide
The smell of death is all around
they come out, not making a sound
A gust of wind... the putrid smell remains.
Now my blood runs cold in my veins.
Talk to me stranger, keep me sane; don't provoke outrage.
my life is down the drain, down the drain!
infections... sick in heart, soul and brain.
Don't provoke even greater outrage!
burning anger flames
Sweepings from graveyards guts, & dung.
And now your groans they strike me down.
Your Moans are a symphony, they deserve to die!
Dig your own grave and shut your eyes!
On avenues this soothing breeze
licks my wounds, puts me to sleep
the demon eats me up - the inner war.
help me, throw me to the precious cure
I inhale the cold air drenched in fear.
Unchain me - take me away from here.
Oh GOD! I'm afraid I'm losing my sight!
Oh GOD! bring back the golden light!
Silver sparks, brave heroic knights
like a million shooting stars falling down,
in lakes of defeated blood they all drown.
Pitiful disgrace, walk of Shame...
No one ever is to blame
Damage quite impossible to repair,
with moonless nights and darkened air.
A gentle voice calls my name,
anxious, and frightened, I still feel the same.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poison ink by Sameera Alshaikh )
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)