A Lost silent moan has traveled far from its bed.
There's no switch to turn off my head.
Late as always, I can't sleep these days.
Feel the pain in my soul as it decays.
How long is it going to take to get through this depressive phase?
Empty inside like a mannequin, motionless, silent & cold
Rotting inside, I don't feel like myself, I feel old.
It's killing me when you're away.
It kills me that I can't runaway.
Is there anything more discouraging as an empty inbox? !
Anything more discouraging than the slow hands of the clock? !
A few miraculous rays of light into the darkness
And I'm drowning in my thoughts, I'm still wide awake!
Tired - I surrender - Pull me up, for god's sake!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oppression by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Knows, Louis Borgo
- ZZ Was Hitler A Vegetarian, Saiom Shriver
- Palestinian DNA, Saiom Shriver
- Challengers for July's Contest - You Can.., Brian Johnston