A Lost silent moan has traveled far from its bed.
There's no switch to turn off my head.
Late as always, I can't sleep these days.
Feel the pain in my soul as it decays.
How long is it going to take to get through this depressive phase?
Empty inside like a mannequin, motionless, silent & cold
Rotting inside, I don't feel like myself, I feel old.
It's killing me when you're away.
It kills me that I can't runaway.
Is there anything more discouraging as an empty inbox? !
Anything more discouraging than the slow hands of the clock? !
A few miraculous rays of light into the darkness
And I'm drowning in my thoughts, I'm still wide awake!
Tired - I surrender - Pull me up, for god's sake!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oppression by Sameera Alshaikh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Merry Merry Christmas, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Milk toast, Cee Bea
- We are all, Swrji Basumatary
- Kada Poem I, Nicholas Crowson
- Beautiful Little Christmas, Leah Ayliffe
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeRy1, sEaN nOrTh
- Biswr, Swrji Basumatary
- Wine, Leong Ming Loong