I threw myself on the bed, my legs dangled down with no energy.
Dark thoughts pool in the brain and my heart is angry.
I know you hate me and you want me dead
I just know it! … I saw what you did!
I heard what you said!
Hurtful words, like a sharp knife stabbed my heart!
Life weighing heavy on my heart.
This voice, not only will it believe me
It'll also try to convince me that the situation is much worse.
I lay motionless with an aching in my head.
O, I'm hanging on by a thread!
Every day I die a little more inside.
No one notices, no one seems to mind.
Let me die... Praying to be relieved of the burden of existence.
Let me die... Bring the peace of mind, bring the silence.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Potent painkiller by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- You Buy Me Eggs Nine 72, Anne Tardos
- Window, Cigeng Zhang
- The World, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Cleansing the Sword!, Stanley Collymore
- Emotions, Ruth Manning-Sanders