I threw myself on the bed, my legs dangled down with no energy.
Dark thoughts pool in the brain and my heart is angry.
I know you hate me and you want me dead
I just know it! … I saw what you did!
I heard what you said!
Hurtful words, like a sharp knife stabbed my heart!
Life weighing heavy on my heart.
This voice, not only will it believe me
It'll also try to convince me that the situation is much worse.
I lay motionless with an aching in my head.
O, I'm hanging on by a thread!
Every day I die a little more inside.
No one notices, no one seems to mind.
Let me die... Praying to be relieved of the burden of existence.
Let me die... Bring the peace of mind, bring the silence.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Potent painkiller by Sameera Alshaikh )
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Silent Page, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)