Nothing else matters
Life lost its taste.
Why did I let it go to waste?
I lost everything I've held so dear.
My eyes brimming with tears;
for all the wounds that would not heal.
My heart shudders within me.
fear of loneliness sweeps over me.
I utter to myself time to time
"I'll be fine" I keep telling myself "I'm fine".
I wonder if you look down on me and smile.
I wonder if I'd ever see your shadow next to mine.
My eyes carefully scour the skies for any tell-tale signs.
I lie down, gaze at stars scattered in space.
I see you now but with clouds blurring your face.
Why can't I have you down with me?
To hold me tight - fill what's empty.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SUDDENLY!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing else matters by Sameera Alshaikh )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar