Nothing else matters
Life lost its taste.
Why did I let it go to waste?
I lost everything I've held so dear.
My eyes brimming with tears;
for all the wounds that would not heal.
My heart shudders within me.
fear of loneliness sweeps over me.
I utter to myself time to time
"I'll be fine" I keep telling myself "I'm fine".
I wonder if you look down on me and smile.
I wonder if I'd ever see your shadow next to mine.
My eyes carefully scour the skies for any tell-tale signs.
I lie down, gaze at stars scattered in space.
I see you now but with clouds blurring your face.
Why can't I have you down with me?
To hold me tight - fill what's empty.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SUDDENLY!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing else matters by Sameera Alshaikh )
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)