Nothing else matters
Life lost its taste.
Why did I let it go to waste?
I lost everything I've held so dear.
My eyes brimming with tears;
for all the wounds that would not heal.
My heart shudders within me.
fear of loneliness sweeps over me.
I utter to myself time to time
"I'll be fine" I keep telling myself "I'm fine".
I wonder if you look down on me and smile.
I wonder if I'd ever see your shadow next to mine.
My eyes carefully scour the skies for any tell-tale signs.
I lie down, gaze at stars scattered in space.
I see you now but with clouds blurring your face.
Why can't I have you down with me?
To hold me tight - fill what's empty.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SUDDENLY!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing else matters by Sameera Alshaikh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy