Nothing else matters
Life lost its taste.
Why did I let it go to waste?
I lost everything I've held so dear.
My eyes brimming with tears;
for all the wounds that would not heal.
My heart shudders within me.
fear of loneliness sweeps over me.
I utter to myself time to time
"I'll be fine" I keep telling myself "I'm fine".
I wonder if you look down on me and smile.
I wonder if I'd ever see your shadow next to mine.
My eyes carefully scour the skies for any tell-tale signs.
I lie down, gaze at stars scattered in space.
I see you now but with clouds blurring your face.
Why can't I have you down with me?
To hold me tight - fill what's empty.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SUDDENLY!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing else matters by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- een probleem, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget