Nothing else matters
Life lost its taste.
Why did I let it go to waste?
I lost everything I've held so dear.
My eyes brimming with tears;
for all the wounds that would not heal.
My heart shudders within me.
fear of loneliness sweeps over me.
I utter to myself time to time
"I'll be fine" I keep telling myself "I'm fine".
I wonder if you look down on me and smile.
I wonder if I'd ever see your shadow next to mine.
My eyes carefully scour the skies for any tell-tale signs.
I lie down, gaze at stars scattered in space.
I see you now but with clouds blurring your face.
Why can't I have you down with me?
To hold me tight - fill what's empty.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SUDDENLY!
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing else matters by Sameera Alshaikh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall