Many a time my well-wishers opined that
I have a very bright future before me−
That is, through sinful earning,
Big post, money,
House in Park Circus;
Purse-proud daughter as pleasure companion.
But when hope belied them at a premature time, they said :
It's senility that made me good for nothing,
I peddle pieces of idealism on the foot-path.
I don not hesitate to compare Park Circus
With a quarter of the hell;
Because I see the pus of capitalism
Accumulated in dust-bins there
(Although dressed up in varieties of finery)!
Nevertheless irresistible urges come
From the nearby slum;
I search for the excellence in man
Among the lowly, the so-called `mean';
I combine my sighs with those of the hungry animals
And understand at every step
How difficult the road to idealism is.
I find innumerable Fera-un and karun
Array against me night and day;
I see helpless Boni Israils
At every corner of the street−
The same way search for Musa Kalimullah,
Entire street is shaking with pent up sighs,
The blood of the oppressed flows thereby.
This earth is all the same...
The strife-torn mind forgets struggle's disgrace
And rises everywhere for imminant all-engrossing zehad
Fearless soldiers for truth in search of Musa Kalimullah.
[Translated by Abdur Rashid Khan]
Farrukh Ahmad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Personal Explanation by Farrukh Ahmad )
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The son's gratitude, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love all ones is a myth., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
- They all, hasmukh amathalal
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)