A Moment's Poem
Time - eternal, still. Only the fleeting moments
Swift restless like the wag-tail visit the sea-shore
In the strong tide just like the seasonal birds
And fill the earth with a spectrum-white yellow and blue.
These heavenly birds leave the unknown sky
And rush towards the earth in dusky twilight
For the sighs of life, very intimate to the heart,
And sing in a passionate tone the eternal song.
This poem of a moment, these momentary songs
May not reach that height of music,
May not find its way to success;
They braved for the sea-shore with little capital.
Yet you keep in mind : this worthless momentary song
Discards the minaret's arrogance and prizes the dust.
[Translated by Abdur Rashid Khan]
Farrukh Ahmad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment's Poem by Farrukh Ahmad )
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of God, Patricia Spears Jones
- What I Have Not Done for Love, Patricia Spears Jones
- Painkiller, Patricia Spears Jones
- we choose to be happy, kemurl fofanah
- Voices, Pamela Spiro Wagner
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)