An Atheist's Prayer : His Confession
When I heard that even the sun has death,
And numerous celestial spheres' fate lies in death,
That very moment I realized this sky is full of mystery;
That very moment I thought this life a moment's song.
The alarmed mind stood still searching for time's definition;
I thought over those who rotate on their remote orbits,
Those numberless fire-flies moving with sparks of life
How easily will disappear in the forest of time.
This strange mysterious signal of time
(The more I thought over this the more vacant was my mind,)
The dark domain of death is real like life
And has raised unknown fear at the face of all doubts,
The cadence of silent music and then fled away
Towards the deep void above the silent prayer of the atheist.
[Translated by Abdur Rashid Khan]
Farrukh Ahmad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Atheist's Prayer : His Confession by Farrukh Ahmad )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar