Ooh but I wanna study abroad! !
I hope I become an entry
In your diary.
This hope is so strong in me
Since you are not mean-
Judging from history, at least.
Well, my story goes this way;
I dream of a day,
A near date.
On this date
I will fly
To another part of the sky-
Call it China-
So that i may study there.
The acceptance papers are here
so is part of the bills for it.
Now, the other part is still out there.
I wail out loud
For someone, anyone to supplement my bail out.
Cherret Leakey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ooh but I wanna study abroad! ! by Cherret Leakey )
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)