Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Justice On Sabbatical
The sun thickens, the sky softens;
The water wind retreats far gone
Waving its Sahara sister welcome:
It is the half of one revolution!
Justice goes for summer
For him I scout among men
Only to find him far off men
In jollity with the jungle king.
I beg him to roost with me
But he says: “No!
I’m on a venture
For a new adventure.”
I try to drag him back
But he cries out to his host
So his new friend switches with him:
Jungle for man; man for jungle.
Now, besieged by the jungle king
We are blessed with the jungle creed:
Monkey works, baboon chops;
Two eyes for one eye.
We cry out for our brother’s return:
Oh, when shall he return? !
Oh, when shall we switch again? !
Oh, when shall we be cool again? !
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Justice On Sabbatical by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Nothing measures your worth, gajanan mishra
- Despot...20 yrs on, karen sinclair
- Nothing measures, gajanan mishra
- Of The Miserable State Of Man, John Beaumont
- A Funeral Rhapsody In Memory Of General .., Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- To Emir Abd El Kader In Damascus, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- Give Me A Blue Ribbon..., Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- Just TRY another MILE, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Marionettes, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- randomizer one, Alvinzor Flores
Poem of the Day
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)