(A poem for depressed Millennials)
Your elbow is Instagrammed
in the archives of my Gmail.
Your body is frozen,
in a filtered world where
everything seemed beautiful.
I tried to sew fragments
of old Twitter posts,
like a forensic technician
analyzing data in a black box
after a plane full of students
crashed in the Utah mountains,
but there aren't enough characters
to compose a clear record of what
exactly happened before the
crash & burn.
I heard your poem about me
went viral on Tumblr.
Good for you.
Too bad we can't
re-blog the happy times
or re-write our failures.
Michael Mira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Instagram'd by Michael Mira )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)