In The Matrix Of Life
When one stair goes up the other goes down.
Its like finding a corner within a circle.
You think by using your mind yet your mind thinks by using you.
You become a perplex conundrum when in retrospect you just a 1+1 math sum.
You've stole your whole life just for a frivolous randsom.
Its like being wed to oneself and yet you sign a prenuptial.
Driving on a freeway that has a stop sign.
Divorcing your thoughts just to have a division within your own mind.
Moving on parrellel lines, you look across and see your own mime.
Its like looking through a mirror yet the reflection is the sky.
But when you look through water you see a reflection of life.
How often can a tree grow without a stem.
If you open your mind to the possiblities, you realize a fish can drown.
Its like the physics of trying to understand virus behaviour without a host.
Probably impossible and possibility probable.
We follow a certain route of life
A script and every line.
But, what happens when one starts to adlib?
You change the course of life, redirecting every aspect.
The A's start from Z
You have your car in reverse moving forward
With every door being a master lock to a key
Were the rain is the lightning you see
The sun orbits the earth
Whilst you watch your radio and listen to the tv
When you see, using your mind
But you realize its because of your mind you able to see
That's what happens when you live in the matrix of life.
Kgagamatso Chimelwane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Matrix Of Life by Kgagamatso Chimelwane )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)