Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
In Th' Q u i e t s...
In th' quiets, one can hear th' beating of their Heart;
Haunting, yet a comely echo of a weary drummer.
Close your eyes, and in that moment, you are pulled-
Into th' calm of a distant world...away fr'm th' chaos,
Somewhere 'tween th' silence.....and th' exhillaration,
A place wher' yo'r dreams are safe fr'm mad demons,
Like Emerald City, sans th' strangeness of th' journey.
Feel th' peace within, dwell in th' sweet of th' poppies;
No place like home, perhaps, still dreams yeild peace.
Open yo'r eyes to th' new day...th' quiets have spoken.
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In Th' Q u i e t s... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
- Grass, sallam yassin
- For Whatever its Worth, michael walkerjohn
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)