Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
In Th' Q u i e t s...
In th' quiets, one can hear th' beating of their Heart;
Haunting, yet a comely echo of a weary drummer.
Close your eyes, and in that moment, you are pulled-
Into th' calm of a distant world...away fr'm th' chaos,
Somewhere 'tween th' silence.....and th' exhillaration,
A place wher' yo'r dreams are safe fr'm mad demons,
Like Emerald City, sans th' strangeness of th' journey.
Feel th' peace within, dwell in th' sweet of th' poppies;
No place like home, perhaps, still dreams yeild peace.
Open yo'r eyes to th' new day...th' quiets have spoken.
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In Th' Q u i e t s... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)