In Our Moment
In our moment I glimpsed in your eyes
a wind swept meadow in shades of green.
Then color exploded filling the skies
as butterflies' flight painted the scene.
In our moment I inhaled the sweet scent
of the blossoming red rose in bloom.
Then fragrant erupted with fresh accent
as the breeze caught your sweet perfume.
In our moment I heard the soft melody
of a ballad sung to love's sweet tempo.
The chorus was played by a symphony
as our hearts beat a perfect crescendo.
In our moment I tasted life's delicate spice
sprinkled over lust with your gentle hand.
Then flavor burst forth with a new entice
as together we shared love's dish so grand
In our moment I felt the world's revolution
spinning both my heart and soul around.
Then on its axis I found a soft resolution
stopping my heart in a new season found
In our moment I sensed the grandest array
of life's most wondrous experiences galore.
Then with its steady momentum at play
time ticked and the moment was no more
© Joey Jones 2012
Free Verse of Same Poem
In our Moment
I got a glimpse in your eyes
of butterflies in flight
over fields of green
I took in the sweet fragrance
of the blossoming rose
in the morning's sun
I heard a ballad softly sung
of a melody whispered
to love's sweet tempo
I tasted life's delicate spice
sprinkled by your gentle touch
as we shared love's dish
I felt the world's revolution
spinning my heart around
forever changing me
In sensory I experienced
life's most grandest theme
then time ticked it away
© Joey Jones 2012
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In Our Moment (Rhymed)
Comments about this poem (In Our Moment by Joey Jones )
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)