In Our Moment
In our moment I glimpsed in your eyes
a wind swept meadow in shades of green.
Then color exploded filling the skies
as butterflies' flight painted the scene.
In our moment I inhaled the sweet scent
of the blossoming red rose in bloom.
Then fragrant erupted with fresh accent
as the breeze caught your sweet perfume.
In our moment I heard the soft melody
of a ballad sung to love's sweet tempo.
The chorus was played by a symphony
as our hearts beat a perfect crescendo.
In our moment I tasted life's delicate spice
sprinkled over lust with your gentle hand.
Then flavor burst forth with a new entice
as together we shared love's dish so grand
In our moment I felt the world's revolution
spinning both my heart and soul around.
Then on its axis I found a soft resolution
stopping my heart in a new season found
In our moment I sensed the grandest array
of life's most wondrous experiences galore.
Then with its steady momentum at play
time ticked and the moment was no more
© Joey Jones 2012
Free Verse of Same Poem
In our Moment
I got a glimpse in your eyes
of butterflies in flight
over fields of green
I took in the sweet fragrance
of the blossoming rose
in the morning's sun
I heard a ballad softly sung
of a melody whispered
to love's sweet tempo
I tasted life's delicate spice
sprinkled by your gentle touch
as we shared love's dish
I felt the world's revolution
spinning my heart around
forever changing me
In sensory I experienced
life's most grandest theme
then time ticked it away
© Joey Jones 2012
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In Our Moment (Rhymed)
Comments about this poem (In Our Moment by Joey Jones )
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Am Too Old Not To Be Humble, Shalom Freedman
- Riding Through Edges, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)