If You So Love Me
I still remember when I told you
To come for me as fast as you could.
And I stood waiting at the stairs
Bewailing for you to come,
But after such a long silence,
I started to wonder,
What if you came for me?
If everything would change
That is not how I want it to be.
I fought for my love towards you,
I woke up and went to see you bring
A dozen of beautiful red roses,
But when you did not come
I started to wonder
What if you came for me
And at the end
It is not how I expected it to be?
So if you so love me my love,
Please do not come at night
Saying that you have to leave this world.
So if you so love me my dear,
Please do not come at daylight
Saying that you are gone,
Because I prefer to be at the staircase
Imagining you will come
Rather than in bed crying
Knowing that it was all
Simple false hope.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You So Love Me by Karen GonzalezVidela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky