If You So Love Me
I still remember when I told you
To come for me as fast as you could.
And I stood waiting at the stairs
Bewailing for you to come,
But after such a long silence,
I started to wonder,
What if you came for me?
If everything would change
That is not how I want it to be.
I fought for my love towards you,
I woke up and went to see you bring
A dozen of beautiful red roses,
But when you did not come
I started to wonder
What if you came for me
And at the end
It is not how I expected it to be?
So if you so love me my love,
Please do not come at night
Saying that you have to leave this world.
So if you so love me my dear,
Please do not come at daylight
Saying that you are gone,
Because I prefer to be at the staircase
Imagining you will come
Rather than in bed crying
Knowing that it was all
Simple false hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You So Love Me by Karen GonzalezVidela )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello