His Face Among The Clouds.
He dragged his feet up the concrete steps.
Scraping them across the ground.
Skipping tiny pebbles,
With each motion of a foot.
He approached the front door of the church.
All the lights were off,
Except for one lamp.
Spotlighting a golden
He un-focused his eyes.
In the glass
A mocking reflection,
Shadowed his straight lipped glare.
He brushed dirt away from his cheeks.
For a second pondered
How a woman could wear makeup.
From his chest came a hiccup.
That blasted steam
Onto the glass.
In a bout of spontaneity,
He drew a smiley face.
In the blotch of breath
That was vanishing
From the glass.
He watched as the smiley face shrunk,
Disappearing into a white spec.
Than a dandruff flake.
He focused on the crucifixion.
“Should I pray, or something? ”
“Show me a sign
That you'll answer my prayers.”
A car pulled into the parking lot.
As it passed over
The dipping blacktop.
Mixed with the headlights
Of red & blue.
A police officer
Stepped out of the vehicle.
The tips of their fingers
Tickling the gun
Fastened to their hip.
“Everything alright? ”
The officer asked.
He could see the silhouette
Of a person,
Standing before the headlights.
“Everything is fine.”
“Alright, well...this is private property.
I am going to have to ask you to leave.”
He turned and looked at the crucifixion.
Then back again at the silhouette.
“Alright, yeah...I get it. I can leave.”
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Face Among The Clouds. by A.j. Binash )
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
- Ecstasy (A pathetic fallacy), Yohan Confectioner
- - It's Very Impossible To Make Another P.., Ali Sabry
- - My Love Let Me Hear Your Voice-, Ali Sabry
- Adlis, Mohamed Mahou
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)