Heather Wilson Sends Her Best Wishes
I'm sure all those of you who were followers of our lovely Heather are wondering what became of her as she has not been active on PH for some time now. I am in occasional contact with her via personal email, and have been in touch recently. Heather has asked me to pass on her best wishes to everyone. Heather herself is fine, but as you know is a carer for her disabled husband. Her husband's care needs have increased, therefore she has little time to write poems or be active on this site. She has mentioned that she has received a number of emails which she has been unable to answer, she simply does not have the time now.
I hope this little update will put your minds at rest if you have been worrying about her absence from the site. I thought this was the best way to let everyone know how she is doing and why she has not been posting or communicating.
I am sure you will join me in wishing Heather (and her husband) all the very best, and we hope that she will be able to return to PH at some time in the future. At present, she is unable to say whether she will or will not.
Three cheers for Heather...........
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heather Wilson Sends Her Best Wishes by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
- Lament for James, Earl of Glencairn, Robert Burns
- From 'The Triumph of Death', Sir John Davies
- Returning Native, John Updike
- A man is in need of, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)