Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin'
Behold of the splendid ev’nin’
At the closin’ of the day;
The sun is a-slowly leavin’
And a-fadin’ soft away.
The mell’wing night is a-fallin’
So deep on the sleepy throng;
The birds are a-gently callin’ -
A-singin’ their sweet, sweet song.
All heads now are fast asleepin’
The land of dreams to abide;
All of their secrets a-keepin’
As within their beds they hide.
So until the bright new mornin’
In slumber all shall repose;
While awaitin’ for the dawnin’
When the daylight softly glows.
With all of the sunbeams dancin’
A-castin’ upon the trees;
And all of the birds a-prancin’
High a-flyin’ in the breeze.
So everyone then awake’nin’
Set to greet the comin’ day;
Of their secrets still a-keepin’
And a-hidin’ come what may.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin' by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)