Before the Twilight Falls
If sleep should steal your soul, my love,
Before the twilight falls,
Then I shall be there by your side
When’er the darkness calls.
I’ll hold your hand and soothe your brow,
Your cheek set next to mine,
To kiss you long and taste your lips
As sweet as vintage wine.
And should such darkness fall on you,
Within its shadowed space
You’ll find my eyes there shining bright
Upon your ashen face.
Know this, my love, I promise that
You’ll never be alone,
My heart will follow as you go
Across that stepping stone.
Our life shall always be as one,
Not ever set apart –
Through all my time, I’ll ever hold
Your mem’ry in my heart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the Twilight Falls by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Living Through Expectations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #53, Ronjoy Brahma
- Melancholy, Wani Rahil
- जिन्दगी छोटी सी...., chanchal gupta
- Rahi us shaqs se bichadkar ye gila - Gha.., Talab ...
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Africa-the-Mermaid-Princess, Margaret Alice Second
- A Lasting Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- आं उन्दुबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- The girl of great beauty was not to be s.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(July 15 1964)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)
(12 February 1828 – 18 May 1909)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)