Before the Twilight Falls
If sleep should steal your soul, my love,
Before the twilight falls,
Then I shall be there by your side
When’er the darkness calls.
I’ll hold your hand and soothe your brow,
Your cheek set next to mine,
To kiss you long and taste your lips
As sweet as vintage wine.
And should such darkness fall on you,
Within its shadowed space
You’ll find my eyes there shining bright
Upon your ashen face.
Know this, my love, I promise that
You’ll never be alone,
My heart will follow as you go
Across that stepping stone.
Our life shall always be as one,
Not ever set apart –
Through all my time, I’ll ever hold
Your mem’ry in my heart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the Twilight Falls by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns