Before the Twilight Falls
If sleep should steal your soul, my love,
Before the twilight falls,
Then I shall be there by your side
When’er the darkness calls.
I’ll hold your hand and soothe your brow,
Your cheek set next to mine,
To kiss you long and taste your lips
As sweet as vintage wine.
And should such darkness fall on you,
Within its shadowed space
You’ll find my eyes there shining bright
Upon your ashen face.
Know this, my love, I promise that
You’ll never be alone,
My heart will follow as you go
Across that stepping stone.
Our life shall always be as one,
Not ever set apart –
Through all my time, I’ll ever hold
Your mem’ry in my heart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the Twilight Falls by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid