Walterrean Salley Poems
- Be Good To Yourself Be good to yourself— You deserve ...
- A Common Addiction Among Poets Intoxicated by the inspiration...
- You Are Unique He could've made two— Another just like ...
- A Song About Life Life is all the simple things That we do ...
- A Cold Grey Wintry Day On this cold, gray-wintry day, The ...
- Nightingale's Song O'er fields and fountains, Resounding in...
- The Park They come from everywhere For a stroll in the ...
Walterrean Salley - born and raised
in South Georgia - is an American poet,
songwriter and visual artist who
appreciates and finds beauty In life’s
simplest things. Loves to share poetic verses. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Remember, age is opportunity.''-Walterrean Salley January 2007
''The agile overcomes, but the weak folds; be strong.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
''He is perfect who never offends; but he is wise who makes amend.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
''AGE has many a hidden agenda.''Walterrean Salley Januaey 2006
''Anger never travels alone, but always with stress and many an unwanted guest.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
Be Good To Yourself
Be good to yourself—
You deserve it.
Take care of yourself,
While you're here.
No one else can do it
Better than you.
Hold yourself up.
Don't be your worst enemy
Or a 'self hater'—
Like some love to do.
Live and enjoy life.
Look in the mirror and smile.
Believe that good things
Will happen for you.
Be grateful that you were
A candidate for life.
And let such gratitude
Make the best choices for yourself.
And eat properly.
For on such things the body thrives.
Love yourself, ...