Walterrean Salley Poems
- A Common Addiction Among Poets Intoxicated by the inspiration...
- Be Good To Yourself Be good to yourself— You deserve ...
- A Song About Life Life is all the simple things That we do ...
- You Are Unique He could've made two— Another just like ...
- Nightingale's Song O'er fields and fountains, Resounding in...
- A Cold Grey Wintry Day On this cold, gray-wintry day, The ...
- The Park They come from everywhere For a stroll in the ...
Walterrean Salley - born and raised
in South Georgia - is an American poet,
songwriter and visual artist who
appreciates and finds beauty In life’s
simplest things. Loves to share poetic verses. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Remember, age is opportunity.''-Walterrean Salley January 2007
''The agile overcomes, but the weak folds; be strong.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
''He is perfect who never offends; but he is wise who makes amend.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
''AGE has many a hidden agenda.''Walterrean Salley Januaey 2006
''Anger never travels alone, but always with stress and many an unwanted guest.''Walterrean Salley January 2006
A Common Addiction Among Poets
Intoxicated by the inspiration
Of his trade—
With mental powers at work,
A true poet rarely sleeps.
His mind ever churning
With powerful imagery
That produces thought,
Sound, rhythm and gesture.
He molds with metaphor,
Shapes with simile,
And paints with irony
Like some great maestro
In his toil to produce
A beautiful symphony
For himself and all who would enjoy.
Little wonder he rarely sleeps.