I am inside my room without any light,
With little candles in my trembling hand,
I am in silence and for wisdom fight,
With thousand thoughts which in my mind stand.
I see the face of crystal pour souls,
The spirit`s breath I feel with pale skin.
I see this world, all brave and falsely roles.
I am of life a sapient harlequin.
I make my way with threading golden rays
Of people`s dreams and sloppy paper ink,
Create the picture of each mystic pace,
I write, imagine, say, remember, think.
I understand my wings are in my heart,
I swear to share them for time you never loose.
Like angels play for Earth of greatness part,
Like sleepy bud, the way of warm I choose.
I slacken pain of my gloomy past,
Forgive the stars which shone for me at night
In peoples` eyes, because in God I trust,
And now my soul belongs to Holly Light.
Ekaterina Polischuk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Oath by Ekaterina Polischuk )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Joy, Anderson Green
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram