A square deal
Pardon me, my Pakistan!
land of hopes and finest dreams!
where gently flow the shining streams
and youthful rivers...
I know...that i am miserable...
I promised much to do for you
a lot of work...
but i admit
i could not do
the least of it.
O vale of smiles!
when i say in deep despair, ' i love you not ',
believe me not...
I accept we made you messy
I accept we did you wrong
I admit your urban scenes are full of horrid savagery;
all of us have really drawn
tasty victuals from your soil...
we enjoy the air of freedom.
despite the mess and ethnic strife,
stale, stagnant economic life,
you are still a gift of God
a perfect thought
of our Quaid,
our savior, hero, able-guide -
now i realize
that i should work
with extra toil
in response to all your favors
this will be a square deal
IF we think and IF we feel...
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A square deal by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra