A Child's Supplication!
O Maker of this universe! ! ! ! !
Sought in silence, prose and verse!
Teach me Lord to sing Thy Praise
On strings of these my humble lays
O Knower of all black and white
Pour on us Thy heaven's light
Thou knowst our deep folds and layers
Unto Thee I send my prayers
Bless the sick with healthy life
Help the ones who are in strife
Grow us strong to serve the nation
with progress, peace and education
Ignorance sweeps us with its might
Help us remove it by our light
Leave us not our Gracious God
Save us from all evils odd
Grace our minds with blessings Thine
We wish to stay forever Thine
Desert us not, O worthy Lord
The path is thorny and so broad
Our hands are seeking for Thy mercy
Bless us withThy boundless mercy
Bless my parents and my teachers
Friends and siblings, all Thy creatures!
Ameen! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Professor Shakeel Amjad sb,
The University Of The PUNJAB, Lahore...
Comments about this poem (A Child's Supplication! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp
- she will be mine, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- 2014 IS THE PRETTY YEAR OF HOPE سنة 2014.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- i apologize for all the in you windows...., Mandolyn ...
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI