A Child's Supplication!
O Maker of this universe! ! ! ! !
Sought in silence, prose and verse!
Teach me Lord to sing Thy Praise
On strings of these my humble lays
O Knower of all black and white
Pour on us Thy heaven's light
Thou knowst our deep folds and layers
Unto Thee I send my prayers
Bless the sick with healthy life
Help the ones who are in strife
Grow us strong to serve the nation
with progress, peace and education
Ignorance sweeps us with its might
Help us remove it by our light
Leave us not our Gracious God
Save us from all evils odd
Grace our minds with blessings Thine
We wish to stay forever Thine
Desert us not, O worthy Lord
The path is thorny and so broad
Our hands are seeking for Thy mercy
Bless us withThy boundless mercy
Bless my parents and my teachers
Friends and siblings, all Thy creatures!
Ameen! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Professor Shakeel Amjad sb,
The University Of The PUNJAB, Lahore...
Comments about this poem (A Child's Supplication! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns