A gentle soul once asked me here
to delete my Age and edit profile
I read it and just passed a smile
I do respect her but I ask:
What will happen if I do?
Where will go my achievements then?
Which are knit in the web of years?
The ones that I feel so proud on?
Experience of my daily use?
I just look back at mile-stones:
From cupboard love of childhood phase,
Tender touch of youthful age,
Somber glow of growing years;
A time there was when i was bright
Writing poems in moonlit nights,
I used to join my hands in faith,
Standing westward kept on praying
The sun used to sink
in the cups of my hands,
The fruits of prayers I earned a lot
Some I kept and some I lost;
Ageing, Friend! is not a loss,
Passing years are not a waste
Every age has a different taste!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Anti-) Ageing! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns