A gentle soul once asked me here
to delete my Age and edit profile
I read it and just passed a smile
I do respect her but I ask:
What will happen if I do?
Where will go my achievements then?
Which are knit in the web of years?
The ones that I feel so proud on?
Experience of my daily use?
I just look back at mile-stones:
From cupboard love of childhood phase,
Tender touch of youthful age,
Somber glow of growing years;
A time there was when i was bright
Writing poems in moonlit nights,
I used to join my hands in faith,
Standing westward kept on praying
The sun used to sink
in the cups of my hands,
The fruits of prayers I earned a lot
Some I kept and some I lost;
Ageing, Friend! is not a loss,
Passing years are not a waste
Every age has a different taste!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Anti-) Ageing! by Shahzia Batool )
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- fitration bags, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)