A gentle soul once asked me here
to delete my Age and edit profile
I read it and just passed a smile
I do respect her but I ask:
What will happen if I do?
Where will go my achievements then?
Which are knit in the web of years?
The ones that I feel so proud on?
Experience of my daily use?
I just look back at mile-stones:
From cupboard love of childhood phase,
Tender touch of youthful age,
Somber glow of growing years;
A time there was when i was bright
Writing poems in moonlit nights,
I used to join my hands in faith,
Standing westward kept on praying
The sun used to sink
in the cups of my hands,
The fruits of prayers I earned a lot
Some I kept and some I lost;
Ageing, Friend! is not a loss,
Passing years are not a waste
Every age has a different taste!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Anti-) Ageing! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman