A Sterling Man! ! !
Riveted are my mind's eyes
at the glitter of the stars
in the glistening lake of blue,
and wish to see in the skies
the Man whose double's hard to find
who is lost in deadly jaws
of cruel Nature's iron laws;
but in vain, you know because
the ones once gone never return...
though visit but in injured thoughts,
wishes bleak and weary dreams...
so does my gentle loving Father
whom i always yearn to see
whom i always love to talk
whom my eyes do ever seek
with the moon, amidst the stars
a sterling Man indeed he was! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
as it was conceived as ' Mi Estrella Brillante ', the title assigned by Soul...thanks! ! !
Comments about this poem (A Sterling Man! ! ! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Norman Doesn't Go to Ferguson, Missouri, Donal Mahoney
- طائر الرعد, سميح القاسم
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine