A Sterling Man! ! !
Riveted are my mind's eyes
at the glitter of the stars
in the glistening lake of blue,
and wish to see in the skies
the Man whose double's hard to find
who is lost in deadly jaws
of cruel Nature's iron laws;
but in vain, you know because
the ones once gone never return...
though visit but in injured thoughts,
wishes bleak and weary dreams...
so does my gentle loving Father
whom i always yearn to see
whom i always love to talk
whom my eyes do ever seek
with the moon, amidst the stars
a sterling Man indeed he was! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
as it was conceived as ' Mi Estrella Brillante ', the title assigned by Soul...thanks! ! !
Comments about this poem (A Sterling Man! ! ! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
- Besame (Translation Of Kiss Me), Adriana Avila
- Well behaved, hasmukh amathalal
- Never Far From You, Wani Rahil
- Cloak of Autumn, Jacqueline Nash
- In the Desert of Iraq, Donal Mahoney
- Tagged, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Julie, Jeffrey Smith
- winter's advice, teresa sellers
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)