Palas Kumar Ray
A Sandy Day Out
Something just happens
for once in a life
like a trip to a desert
a day into the sand
with sandy people
singing and dancing
colorful desert girls
with the elderly man
who plays a charming bin.
A delightful camel ride
too far, too far.
If luck permits
a pleasant sunset.
Walking on dunes
falling on it
and trying again.
An evening in a camp
sitting in a mehfil
leaning on pillow
with hot cup of tea
enjoying exotic song
eating spicy food
enjoying exotic dance.
and all of a sudden
a light desert storm.
all you can witness
just in a day
just like me.
So don't ask me
what's there to see
into the sea of the sand.
Just make a plan
as quick as you can
a trip to that land
of great Jaisalmer.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sandy Day Out by Palas Kumar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child Slaughter, douglas scotney
- A slave to situation,, Aftab Alam
- Arctic Hero?, Denis Martindale
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra