A Quiet Night Alone
A full cookie cutter moon is sparkling
Like a pearl brooch dripping with diamonds.
Bright stars are sprinkled across the night sky.
I made a wish upon a star on high.
Heaven stirs in twinkling sweet dish delights.
The moon sails on above sugary white.
Moonstruck silver shines by a cup of blues
While chocolates dip in dreams and dance, too!
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Quiet Night Alone by Gayle Sweeney )
- Poppy, Hazel Connelly
- When Owls Do Cry, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Beautiful Sunset, John F. McCullagh
- Dull glory, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- The Blue of His Face, Marieta Maglas
- Moonlight Love, Krystal Whinery
- Haiku&, Morgan Michaels
- Haiku# Life-6, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Swollen Heart, Ronald Chapman
- Riddle poem-2, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)