A Day At Hampton Beach
Smooth like a slice of banana the sun
Slipped through the summer sky
Tossing white sail boats on the deep,
Emerald blue sea floated by.
A lone sea gull cried out with valor
On the pure true blue shore.
In the soft sand pearl seashells washed up
To keep forevermore.
By the rim of the water from a tidal pool
A shell peeked out.
Children played ball and
Blue waves and the sun's yellow rays danced about.
Close off shore sunny islands shined
Like broken shimmering white shells.
Lovely roadside wildflowers
Were as peaceful as golden church bells.
The crashing blue ocean to this bright,
Treasured majestic shore rolled.
We stepped carefully around a sand castle
While the beach we strolled.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day At Hampton Beach by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom