A Day At Hampton Beach
Smooth like a slice of banana the sun
Slipped through the summer sky
Tossing white sail boats on the deep,
Emerald blue sea floated by.
A lone sea gull cried out with valor
On the pure true blue shore.
In the soft sand pearl seashells washed up
To keep forevermore.
By the rim of the water from a tidal pool
A shell peeked out.
Children played ball and
Blue waves and the sun's yellow rays danced about.
Close off shore sunny islands shined
Like broken shimmering white shells.
Lovely roadside wildflowers
Were as peaceful as golden church bells.
The crashing blue ocean to this bright,
Treasured majestic shore rolled.
We stepped carefully around a sand castle
While the beach we strolled.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day At Hampton Beach by Gayle Sweeney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo