A Day At Hampton Beach
Smooth like a slice of banana the sun
Slipped through the summer sky
Tossing white sail boats on the deep,
Emerald blue sea floated by.
A lone sea gull cried out with valor
On the pure true blue shore.
In the soft sand pearl seashells washed up
To keep forevermore.
By the rim of the water from a tidal pool
A shell peeked out.
Children played ball and
Blue waves and the sun's yellow rays danced about.
Close off shore sunny islands shined
Like broken shimmering white shells.
Lovely roadside wildflowers
Were as peaceful as golden church bells.
The crashing blue ocean to this bright,
Treasured majestic shore rolled.
We stepped carefully around a sand castle
While the beach we strolled.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day At Hampton Beach by Gayle Sweeney )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- God, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Apatnaput-apat (44), herbert guitang
- Schoon Poepske, Madrason writer
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey