A Cat Nap
Finding my cat outside curled up in a ball
By the door there was a happy surprise.
While taking her cat nap she was blocking the bright sun
With one soft white paw from her eyes.
In concert she loves the sun's
Pure, symphonic, summery overture.
Perhaps cats' nights and days are equal lengths,
Or almost equinoctial.
That might shed light on their strengths!
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cat Nap by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the fingers and the eyes, RIC S. BASTASA
- Pure innocence, hasmukh amathalal
- Julia #1, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- The Last Vow, Tony Adah
- THE PRETTY EID (THE PRETTY DAY) يوم العيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The roadmap of reason..., Marshall Gass
- Caricature, Marshall Gass
- 33, Marshall Gass
- The Jigsaw......, Marshall Gass
- Capitals!, Marshall Gass