A Bird On The Wire
Beyond a bird on the wire
Is a sky of light blue triumphing sapphire.
I looked up at the sapphire and the bird
Thinking if I could only sing a song of sunshiny words.
The sound would be as pretty perhaps as a tree in a breeze.
The facets of cool green leaves
On some closeby boughs reach higher and higher.
Shining under the golden sun and sapphire.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bird On The Wire by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.
- Yesterday, ramesh rai
- Shooting Stars, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- In bed, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta