A Bird On The Wire
Beyond a bird on the wire
Is a sky of light blue triumphing sapphire.
I looked up at the sapphire and the bird
Thinking if I could only sing a song of sunshiny words.
The sound would be as pretty perhaps as a tree in a breeze.
The facets of cool green leaves
On some closeby boughs reach higher and higher.
Shining under the golden sun and sapphire.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bird On The Wire by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA