A big lemony butterfly floated up with a sunny breeze
And drifted amoung the cool green leaves of the old, black cherry trees.
It was seen clearly dancing in the air and then not found at all,
Cloaked in cloisonne' as if it was going to an evening ball.
Now the blue heavens bring solace,
Brightening up the empty space
Where the sunshiny butterfly suddenly left
Without a trace.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Butterfly by Gayle Sweeney )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley