A Red Tulip
A bright red tulip and more
Grew in the backyard... and a maple.
The maple tree is still there growing
Where we slept out some magical, childhood summer nights with friends.
The small wooden garden house that was ours
And clothesline even somehow how survived forty years or so.
A part of us never left that house.
About eighty kids played in the old neighborhood
Of woods and books.
The red tulip is a flame
Held to my memory!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Red Tulip by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -51, Ronjoy Brahma