Leria Hawkins Poems
- Skin Deep Who would think a rose so sweet Would dry and ...
- A Mistress To Her Lover I see you in my rear view, as you ...
- A Spoonful Of Sugar Once and often, my mother said Don't let...
- Junkie Junkie Date: February I dream only of you...
- I Understand 'Fantasy' Will there ever be a place in your ...
- Naked Naked Date: December 5,2010 Naked, you are my ...
- It Is Yours And this is how it is with true love I invite ...
Not much to say. Love to read poetry althought I must admit, much of it is over my head. Tried my hand at writing poetry a few years back and although my writing have little artistic value, I've grown to love it just the same. I hope you'll take the time to read a few and post any comments you may have. Thanks. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Who would think a rose so sweet
Would dry and crumble at my feet
And blooms that scent my night and day
Would steal my heart, then fade away
With petals soft and fondly red
Sweet essence fills my addled head
Then turns to dust before my eyes
Leaving naught, but my surprise
Who would think such thorny vine
Could lift a blossom as divine
And by the stem on which it stands
Could so wrong my offered hand
Such strength and beauty is rarely true
A blessing owned by very few
As 'neath the soil, in winters keep
There sleeps a rose to tear my ...