A Painting of Modern Art
I saw it hanging in the 'Modern Art Section',
intriguing, inviting my close inspection:
Star-like dots occupied the middle,
comet-like tails trailed behind.
It struck me as some kind of a riddle,
a puzzle to solve and to understand.
I remained immersed in deep thought.
Someone asked, 'what do you make of it? ’
”Nothing; but it is enticing and pleasing; ”
'so you have discovered its meaning,
it is meant to be just that, alluring.'
I wonder who that person could be.
My search was over; I felt at ease.
I began to enjoy the painting in peace.
Though the encounter was brief,
it saved me much future grief:
I no longer see Modern Art
In that old-fashioned light.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Painting of Modern Art by Isam Hussain )
- language is not so much anymore, Mandolyn ...
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon