A Painting of Modern Art
I saw it hanging in the 'Modern Art Section',
intriguing, inviting my close inspection:
Star-like dots occupied the middle,
comet-like tails trailed behind.
It struck me as some kind of a riddle,
a puzzle to solve and to understand.
I remained immersed in deep thought.
Someone asked, 'what do you make of it? ’
”Nothing; but it is enticing and pleasing; ”
'so you have discovered its meaning,
it is meant to be just that, alluring.'
I wonder who that person could be.
My search was over; I felt at ease.
I began to enjoy the painting in peace.
Though the encounter was brief,
it saved me much future grief:
I no longer see Modern Art
In that old-fashioned light.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Painting of Modern Art by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh God If We Must, mary douglas
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram