A Painting of Modern Art
I saw it hanging in the 'Modern Art Section',
intriguing, inviting my close inspection:
Star-like dots occupied the middle,
comet-like tails trailed behind.
It struck me as some kind of a riddle,
a puzzle to solve and to understand.
I remained immersed in deep thought.
Someone asked, 'what do you make of it? ’
”Nothing; but it is enticing and pleasing; ”
'so you have discovered its meaning,
it is meant to be just that, alluring.'
I wonder who that person could be.
My search was over; I felt at ease.
I began to enjoy the painting in peace.
Though the encounter was brief,
it saved me much future grief:
I no longer see Modern Art
In that old-fashioned light.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Painting of Modern Art by Isam Hussain )
- mere aansu mere daman me simat jaaye, Mohammad Sahil Raza
- Rolling Thunder Of An Iron Horse, Juan Olivarez
- Chuckle, shinej K.P
- The night is ending away for the reputat.., clawdea benat
- Terrorism, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- My Dear Mom,, Dr John Celes
- Busy Life Bugged as Dybbuk Jigged jeez!, Harindhar Reddy
- Day of the Dead, Nassy Fesharaki
- Bow to God for the Life You Bestowed, yow!, Harindhar Reddy
- Please come agan, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)