A Painting of Modern Art
I saw it hanging in the 'Modern Art Section',
intriguing, inviting my close inspection:
Star-like dots occupied the middle,
comet-like tails trailed behind.
It struck me as some kind of a riddle,
a puzzle to solve and to understand.
I remained immersed in deep thought.
Someone asked, 'what do you make of it? ’
”Nothing; but it is enticing and pleasing; ”
'so you have discovered its meaning,
it is meant to be just that, alluring.'
I wonder who that person could be.
My search was over; I felt at ease.
I began to enjoy the painting in peace.
Though the encounter was brief,
it saved me much future grief:
I no longer see Modern Art
In that old-fashioned light.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Painting of Modern Art by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- SUMMER FUN, MORGAN AXIOTIS
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey