- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nothingness is gripping my soul.
From the heart of my hearts I feel
something was, encircling me like
ozone to cover me from the ultra-ray
to ask me the atmosphere of my heart!
Night falls on day, day collapses
to evening but none opens their
mouth to convey thru rustle of
the air, who was here just near
me, as a brook, flowing as a lass!
No fury, no sound disturbs me
in this vale of silence!
I'm waiting in timeless eternity
for the clarion call,
to glue me as a leaf in its
not to be detached ever! !
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Leaf by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- A Bunch Of Daffodils..., Eshan Gupta
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)