A Lonely Cloud
Silence reigned in the valley.
The lone pass was filled with snow;
No trees but tufts I could see,
Frozen rivers could not flow.
Only a lonely cloud there,
followed me along the way.
Galloping as lively mare,
seemed wanted something to say!
At once a leaf fell on ground.
Its color was deep, deep red.
Casting look no tree I found,
Thought I might have gone off head!
Then, the second leaf fell and,
the third, fourth, fifth on and on;
Was I in sorceress' land,
where none was living person?
The leaves were flying, flying..
The wind also strongly blew.
They danced then whirling, whirling,
like a ring of leaves they flew.
Surprised I then took a look,
Ah! I watched an awesome sight!
The cloud was moving as rook,
and raining leaves with its flight.
A lovely friend I then gained!
Cloud threw leaves and I caught them.
Laughingly, I touched my friend.
Thus we played our throw-catch game.
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lonely Cloud by Neela Nath )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- From the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey