A Lonely Cloud
Silence reigned in the valley.
The lone pass was filled with snow;
No trees but tufts I could see,
Frozen rivers could not flow.
Only a lonely cloud there,
followed me along the way.
Galloping as lively mare,
seemed wanted something to say!
At once a leaf fell on ground.
Its color was deep, deep red.
Casting look no tree I found,
Thought I might have gone off head!
Then, the second leaf fell and,
the third, fourth, fifth on and on;
Was I in sorceress' land,
where none was living person?
The leaves were flying, flying..
The wind also strongly blew.
They danced then whirling, whirling,
like a ring of leaves they flew.
Surprised I then took a look,
Ah! I watched an awesome sight!
The cloud was moving as rook,
and raining leaves with its flight.
A lovely friend I then gained!
Cloud threw leaves and I caught them.
Laughingly, I touched my friend.
Thus we played our throw-catch game.
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lonely Cloud by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI