to the coffin, from cradle
surpass sarcastic smiling hurdles
did i get, for what i was sent? ? ?
to learn, that i was meant.
Those shedding the shelters in sunshine
departing the dears who were mine
days and night without sleep
street and state i sweep
did it worth paid,
all those sacrifices i made? ? ? ?
Am i a graduate who could,
put the trust in the lord
bind the beloveds to the love's cord
turn down the thirsty sword red
welcome the guest with shared bread.
A graduate who could,
light a ray of knowledge,
find the wisdom way as life surge.
ijlal haider's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Graduate by ijlal haider )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- Perfectly Imperfect, Marvin Brato Sr
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp