Standing upon the deck of life
When I see inwards I feel myself
Like a flower, wild and uncared for
This burns with care and blooms when neglected
Obliged I am, to all never bothering to know me
The credit of my present being
Goes to the two kinds of friends,
those, who could never understand me,
Those, who always took me in the wrong;
When the soul perishes
In a shipwreck of feelings capsized and sunk
Lower and deeper never to get washed up
The being looks like null and void
When the mind is oblivious of smiles and cries
When you stop caring for the cherished smile
Displayed on lips,
missing the pet sick chic, or a stolen doll, or
recalling the first ever tears shed
On the first foolish crush of the carefree childhood
Can one survive such a shipwreck?
Carrying new dawns in your lap
Your paleness is not justified
You witness the tears, the terror all day long
Is it the reason why you’re pale and sad and lost?
Do not deceive me,
Marking the end of the dark night
Tomorrow again you’ll be up and about
Like a glowing, glistening face of a ready, happy child
On his willing roads to school
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The tears and the terror are but the half-truth!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Glance! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock