A Poem... By Ramesh Rai!
Life cannot be scribed into words
Or else I would shift the whole of it
By my pen on the paper
Then I would sign it, and say
This is my life!
Life cannot be embellished by cosmetics
Or else I would décor my life
By carrying it to some parlor, and say
How beautiful life is!
Life is a feeling
which breathes every moment
And aches with desire to live!
Life is ready to face
When problems come
Or else what is that life
In which there’s nothing to do?
Life is to live
Life is to die
Someone lives after death
Someone dies while living
Die only those
For whom life is a burden
The purpose of life is not fulfilled
Only by ascending gallows
It is fulfilled if one gives something substantial to the world
While dying! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poem... By Ramesh Rai! by Shahzia Batool )
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)