A Poem... By Ramesh Rai!
Life cannot be scribed into words
Or else I would shift the whole of it
By my pen on the paper
Then I would sign it, and say
This is my life!
Life cannot be embellished by cosmetics
Or else I would décor my life
By carrying it to some parlor, and say
How beautiful life is!
Life is a feeling
which breathes every moment
And aches with desire to live!
Life is ready to face
When problems come
Or else what is that life
In which there’s nothing to do?
Life is to live
Life is to die
Someone lives after death
Someone dies while living
Die only those
For whom life is a burden
The purpose of life is not fulfilled
Only by ascending gallows
It is fulfilled if one gives something substantial to the world
While dying! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poem... By Ramesh Rai! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock
- Tranquil Place, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Qualified Candidates For Euthanasia, Terence G. Craddock
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -71, Ronjoy Brahma
- City Workers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बबेयाव थांनो?, Bahadur Basumatary
- Yesterday, Tony Adah
- Thoughts Bloom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak