A Poem... By Ramesh Rai!
Life cannot be scribed into words
Or else I would shift the whole of it
By my pen on the paper
Then I would sign it, and say
This is my life!
Life cannot be embellished by cosmetics
Or else I would décor my life
By carrying it to some parlor, and say
How beautiful life is!
Life is a feeling
which breathes every moment
And aches with desire to live!
Life is ready to face
When problems come
Or else what is that life
In which there’s nothing to do?
Life is to live
Life is to die
Someone lives after death
Someone dies while living
Die only those
For whom life is a burden
The purpose of life is not fulfilled
Only by ascending gallows
It is fulfilled if one gives something substantial to the world
While dying! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Poem... By Ramesh Rai! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)