Palas Kumar Ray
A Few Mistakes
I have made a few mistakes in my Life
And what is the worst, I continue to make
such mistakes till now which better knows my wife
but I am just going indifferent.
Mistakes I just cannot forsake.
What you call it I don't know but for me
I am quite comfortable with my mistakes
And I don't even fear that they will end up with me
Only I fear, if I forsake
I will fall in another set of mistakes.
They are after all my known set of mistakes.
By now I am getting quite handy with them.
The time of changing friends I have left behind.
Mistakes anew I fear I will not be able to digest.
So I rear them.
Which mistakes I live up with do you wish to know?
Please restrain. I am very sorry. I cannot let them fly
from eye to eye, ear to ear, mind to mind, because if I do
You will surely laugh. You will say lol and I will get angry.
So I defy.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Few Mistakes by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns