Palas Kumar Ray
A Few Mistakes
I have made a few mistakes in my Life
And what is the worst, I continue to make
such mistakes till now which better knows my wife
but I am just going indifferent.
Mistakes I just cannot forsake.
What you call it I don't know but for me
I am quite comfortable with my mistakes
And I don't even fear that they will end up with me
Only I fear, if I forsake
I will fall in another set of mistakes.
They are after all my known set of mistakes.
By now I am getting quite handy with them.
The time of changing friends I have left behind.
Mistakes anew I fear I will not be able to digest.
So I rear them.
Which mistakes I live up with do you wish to know?
Please restrain. I am very sorry. I cannot let them fly
from eye to eye, ear to ear, mind to mind, because if I do
You will surely laugh. You will say lol and I will get angry.
So I defy.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Few Mistakes by Palas Kumar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Appreciating God, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- From the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju