Life is like playing a chess.
Life is moving in a slow pace.
Unknowing of whats happening next.
Each twists and turns comes in surprises.
It's just an calculations.
Some times it may work,
Some times it may not.
One step forward,
With two steps backward.
Just missed a step,
Chopped is the head.
Protecting the king and queen.
Aren't we in that place.
Life will move on fighting and defending,
But many things get lost on the way.
Moves forward or retreat backward.
Sometimes forced or ready to attack.
Though never wanted to.
Some one is cut off protecting self.
Some times a simple jealousy may,
be the reason for attack.
The fight keeps on going till the end.
Even though one may want to leave the ground.
Once started you cannot quit.
Either you win or die.
Thats the rule in the battle field.
When the winner is declared.
With a Checkmate.
Just turn around and see,
How many have you lost.
The lost ones may be your Dear Ones.
Did I win to loose everything
or did I loose everything to win.
I am confused.
Whether I should.....
Celebrate the Success,
Celebrate the Failure.
Yes, Life is a Chess!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chess? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)