Life is like playing a chess.
Life is moving in a slow pace.
Unknowing of whats happening next.
Each twists and turns comes in surprises.
It's just an calculations.
Some times it may work,
Some times it may not.
One step forward,
With two steps backward.
Just missed a step,
Chopped is the head.
Protecting the king and queen.
Aren't we in that place.
Life will move on fighting and defending,
But many things get lost on the way.
Moves forward or retreat backward.
Sometimes forced or ready to attack.
Though never wanted to.
Some one is cut off protecting self.
Some times a simple jealousy may,
be the reason for attack.
The fight keeps on going till the end.
Even though one may want to leave the ground.
Once started you cannot quit.
Either you win or die.
Thats the rule in the battle field.
When the winner is declared.
With a Checkmate.
Just turn around and see,
How many have you lost.
The lost ones may be your Dear Ones.
Did I win to loose everything
or did I loose everything to win.
I am confused.
Whether I should.....
Celebrate the Success,
Celebrate the Failure.
Yes, Life is a Chess!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chess? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)