Life is like playing a chess.
Life is moving in a slow pace.
Unknowing of whats happening next.
Each twists and turns comes in surprises.
It's just an calculations.
Some times it may work,
Some times it may not.
One step forward,
With two steps backward.
Just missed a step,
Chopped is the head.
Protecting the king and queen.
Aren't we in that place.
Life will move on fighting and defending,
But many things get lost on the way.
Moves forward or retreat backward.
Sometimes forced or ready to attack.
Though never wanted to.
Some one is cut off protecting self.
Some times a simple jealousy may,
be the reason for attack.
The fight keeps on going till the end.
Even though one may want to leave the ground.
Once started you cannot quit.
Either you win or die.
Thats the rule in the battle field.
When the winner is declared.
With a Checkmate.
Just turn around and see,
How many have you lost.
The lost ones may be your Dear Ones.
Did I win to loose everything
or did I loose everything to win.
I am confused.
Whether I should.....
Celebrate the Success,
Celebrate the Failure.
Yes, Life is a Chess!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chess? by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Twilight Corsage Of The King Of Heaven, mary douglas
- God, Show Me the Way, Seema Chowdhury
- A Baby Mobile As Impossibly The Pattern .., mary douglas
- Calm Negative Emotions, Seema Chowdhury
- Leaf, gajanan mishra
- MAZZIN VILLAGE ضيعة مزين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hello.... Sweetie!, Leylek D. Sovura
- It Is Our Destiny, Seema Chowdhury
- 18 Beautiful Steps, Seema Chowdhury
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Seema Chowdhury